- 6 eggs
- 250ml milk
- 30g butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 tablespoons chopped spring onion
- 120g grated Derg Farmhouse Cheddar cheese
- 5 rashers bacon, cooked and diced
- In a bowl, beat eggs, milk, butter, salt and pepper.
- Pour into a greased 28x28cm (11×11 in) baking dish. Sprinkle with onions, bacon and cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 180 C / Gas 4 for 25-30 minutes or until a knife inserted near the centre comes out clean.
This is a great base recipe. You can substitute the bacon with diced ham; chopped chorizo; chopped and sauteed mushrooms; chopped and sauteed spinach; chopped and sauteed peppers. Any combination to suit your taste.
Lovely with a green salad.