- 8 potatoes (about 5 lb. or 2.2 kg), scrubbed
- Olive oil for rubbing and brushing
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 225g grated Derg Farmhouse Cheddar cheese
- 450g bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Sour cream and chopped chives, for serving
- Preheat oven to 200° C.
- Prick potatoes all over with a fork and rub with olive oil, season generously with salt and pepper.
- Place potatoes on a rack on a baking sheet or tray. Roast until very soft when squeezed and skin is crisp, approx 60-75 minutes, remove from oven and let cool.
- Heat grill to high.
- Halve potatoes and scoop out flesh, leaving a ¼ inch border attached to skins. Brush both sides of potatoes with oil and season insides with salt and pepper and place under the grill, turning once, until skins are crisp and flesh is golden, approx 5-7 minutes per side.
- Divide cheese and bacon among potatoes and grill until cheese is melted, about 2 minutes. Serve topped with sour cream, chives, and black pepper.