approx 4 servings
- 100g plain flour
- 50g butter
- Pinch of Salt
- 12g Butter
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 50g diced bacon rashers
- 2 eggs
- 75g Derg Cheddar Cheese
- ½ pint Cream
- Salt & Pepper
- Sieve the flour and salt into a bowl. Rub in the butter until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Add sufficient water to make a stiff paste.
- Roll out the pastry and line a 7-inch flan ring with it. Leave in a cool place.
- Melt the butter in a pan and fry the onion until soft.
- Add the diced rashers and cook until lightly crown.
- In a bowl beat together the eggs and mix in the grated Derg cheese, the cream and salt & pepper to taste.
- Drain the pan of excess fat and add the rashers and onion to the mix.
- Pour the mixture into the filled flan ring. Bake at 200C/400F/ gas mark 6 for approximately 20 minutes. Reduce the heat slightly and bake for a further 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, sprinkle over with parsley and serve with a side salad or chips.