- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 510g naturally smoked haddock, skin removed and diced (a great substitute is smoked cod or coley)
- 200g or 1 punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3 spring onions, sliced
- 110ml fresh cream
- 110g creme fraiche
- 110g grated Derg Farmhouse Cheddar cheese
- Preheat your grill on a medium heat.
- Heat a large frying pan with the oil and fry the haddock pieces for approximately two minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, spring onions, creme fraiche and cream and cook for a further four to six minutes.
- Season lightly.
- Remove from the heat and divide the mixture between four ramekins or shallow oven proof bowls.
- Sprinkle the top with Derg Farmhouse Cheddar and place under the grill for two to three minutes until the cheese is bubbling and slightly browned.
- Serve immediately with some nice crusty bread and/or salad.
You can substitute haddock for smoked cod or coley. This is also delicious served with roasted cubed potatoes. Another option is to add some big chunks of salmon if you don't like too much smoked fish.
Really simple, delicious and versatile dish.